2013/07/13

Don't shop. Adopt!

I just read some news about the police in Germany who caught a person during some routine check with 78 puppies in the boot of his car. The puppies were between 4 and 8 weeks of age. I mean, really?! Argh, that makes me so angry and feeling helpless at the same time... I guess if there were not so many people looking for a proper "breed" dog for almost no money such things just would not happen. Seriously, there are already so many dogs out there who are put down because they are unwanted.
Our two dogs are from a shelter. They are some unidentified x-breeds and who cares about them not being "proper" dogs? They have phantastic characters and I love and enjoy them every day. I would not want to replace them by any other pure breed dog in the world. 
In addition a high portion of these "ach so cute"-high breed puppies will end up in an animal shelter anyway between the age of 10 months and 2 years, namely then when they are not so cute anymore and terrorise their respective household. I volunteered at such an animal shelter for quite some time and you find all kind of pure breed or crossbreed dogs there. And guess what? All of them are lovely creatures with amazing characters... So please! Please please please: Don't shop. Adopt!

No comments:

Post a Comment